Friday, February 29, 2008

I Will Never Imagine Ancient Egypt The Same Way Again!


Over at Entertainmentwise I stumbled across this little bit of celebrity interview/publicity seeking. Honestly, I find it blissfully Pagan, nurturing of my practice, a wonderful poetic description of a deep and dark mystery, suggestive of connections with forces of life and death, and something that, 20 years ago, mostly cutting edge lesbian artitsts were daring to expose.

Speaking to Allure magazine, the Underworld actress reveals: “I've only ever had about three boyfriends. Only a handful of people have seen into the Pharaoh's Tomb!"

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/40836/kate-beckinsale-my-best-feature-is-my-tw*t

A tip of the beret to Kate Beckinsale, who has transformed my appreciation of Ancient Egypt. In a very good Starry Wisdom way.

Even so, I still find Denise Levertov's poem "Hypocite Women" more powerful in its description, and more Pagan!

"No, they are dark and wrinkled and hairy,
caves of the Moon ..."

www.poetryfoundation.org/archi...m.html


Note: grafik of Nut and Geb from KingTutOne.com

No comments: